What is the National Song of the Bangladesh?

Sunday, October 30, 2011

National Anthem of Bangladesh

My Golden Bengal (Amar Shonar Bangla) (Bengali:আমার সোনার বাংলা) is a 1905 song written and composed by the Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore from undivided India and Bangladesh, the first ten lines of which were adopted in 1972 as the Bangladeshi national anthem. It’s so spiritual Bengali Lyrics.
NATIONAL ANTHEM OF BANGLADESH

My Bengla of gold, i love you
Forever your skies, your air set my heart in tune
as if it were a flute.
in spring, Oh mother mine, the fragrance from
your mango-groves make me wild with joy-
Ah what a thrill.
in Autumn, Oh mother mine
In the full-blossomed paddy fields,
I have seen spread all over-sweet smiles.
Ah, what a beauty, what shades, what an affection
and what a tenderness.
What a quilt have you spread at the banks of rivers.
banyan tress and along the banks of rivers.
Oh mother mine, words from your lips are like
Nectar to my ears.
Ah what a thrill.
If sadness, Oh mother mine, cats a gloom on your face,
my eyes are filled with tears.


Related Post link:

Original in Bengali by Rabindranath Togore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
 

Label